Super easy, yet seriously addicting, these grilled lemon & herb potatoes and mushrooms have bright, fresh and zesty flavor with a touch of smoky taste. Potatoes with addicting crisp edges and hearty mushrooms are filling, but the bright herby flavors keep this dish light and fresh!
How to grill the best potatoes and mushrooms?
Super easy, yet seriously addicting! These grilled lemon & herb potatoes and mushrooms have bright, fresh and zesty flavor with a touch of smoky taste.
Potatoes with addicting crisp edges and hearty mushrooms are filling, but the bright herby flavors keep this dish light and fresh!
Be warned: this quick and easy side dish may just become the star of the show on your next bbq cookout.
What type of mushrooms can I use for grilling?
Firm mushrooms are ideal for grilling. White and cremini mushrooms are most common in grocery stores, and they work perfect for this recipe.
Can I substitute red or russet potatoes for baby potatoes?
Yes, absolutely. Just make sure to cut them into equal sizes.
Grilled Lemon & Herb Potatoes and Mushrooms
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 1 lb white or cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice from 1 medium lemon
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- ½ cup loosely packed parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes and mushrooms in half.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Add potatoes and mushrooms and mix to combine. You can cover and marinate for up to couple of hours.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grates using a paper towel soaked with vegetable oil.
- Thread mushrooms and potatoes, alternating, on 10-11 metal skewers. (Wooden skewers will work as well, just make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.) Reserve the bowl with leftover marinade to finish the dish.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway, or until the potatoes are tender and golden.
- Transfer the skewers from grill onto a baking sheet.
- Using a fork, slide the potatoes and mushrooms off the skewers onto the reserved bowl with marinade. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.