I’ve got the best nachos recipe around! Making the best nachos is less about how many ingredients to use, and is more about layering the ingredients properly for the best possible result. Read the tips for making these pulled pork nachos, how to prevent soggy chips and which chips are best for nachos in the post below. Keep scrolling beyond the recipe…You’ll be making nachos like a pro in no time!
If you have picky eaters, give this recipe a try! They will love controlling how much of each ingredient goes on their “corner” of the pan. Even better – you control the ingredients. So set up the assembly line and let them go nuts!
About the Best Nachos Recipe
Nachos are a classic snack – great for game days and or feeding a crowd! But, they don’t exactly have the best reputation. Usually, you get these smothered in a mystery cheese sauce and loaded down less-than-healthy toppings.
With that thought in mind, I created a healthier version of the classic nachos!
Stick with the tips below and you can have the best nachos recipe on the table in less than 15 minutes.
How to Make the Best Nachos
Step 1. Layer the ingredients
As your oven preheats, arrange the corn tortilla chips in one layer on a baking sheet. Over the chips, evenly distribute pulled pork (or chicken), black beans, cheese and pickled onions.
Step 2. Bake
Bake the nachos for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Step 3. Garnish and serve
And lastly, top it with the garnishes! My favorites are cherry tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice! Serve these with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.
Other topping ideas are canned corn kernels, canned jalapeno, and olives.
Serve these with a creamy, hot cheese dip for a completely indulgent meal!
Tips to Make the Best Nachos:
- The secret to making the best nachos recipe is in the layers! Make sure all toppings are evenly distributed and each tortilla chip is covered with cheese.
- Be careful not to overload chips with too much of any one ingredient. Keep in mind toppings like fresh tomatoes and fresh cilantro aren’t meant to be baked. Save those for garnish!
How to Prevent Soggy Nachos
The biggest tip for crispy nachos is to eat them fresh out of the oven!
When you spread the meats and vegetables over the tortilla chips, make sure you aren’t adding any excess liquid to them.
I would suggest draining the vegetables well. Then, warm up the meat so any extra juices are released and drain as well.
What are the best chips for nachos?
Large corn tortilla chips are the best for making nachos. I’ve found the thin tortilla chips break and are too heavy to hoist all of the deliciousness into one bite!
How to Make Best Nachos Recipe
- Corn tortilla chips
- Leftover bbq pulled pork or chicken
- Black beans rinsed and drain
- Grated cheese like sharp cheddar
- Quick pickled onions
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Fresh jalapeno seeded and sliced, optional
- Fresh lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange chips in one layer on a baking sheet. Evenly distribute pulled pork over chips, black beans, cheese and pickled onions. Make sure each tortilla chip has cheese.
- Bake the nachos for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, jalapeno and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice all over and serve immediately with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.