Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – instant comfort meal with only 3 main ingredients under 30 minutes! Your favorite jar of pasta sauce and frozen meatballs are our secret shortcut to this quick and easy one pot spaghetti meal.
It’s going to be your family favorite in no time.
Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs are seriously a life-saver on those super busy weeknights, when you don’t know what to cook and hungry mouths are begging for food. It’s also perfect last-minute dinner recipe that doesn’t require any prep work in advance. Just have some meatballs on hand!
3 Instant Pot Pasta Tips:
- Layer the ingredients in proper order. And place the spaghetti in criss cross layers to avoid clumps.
- Make sure the pasta is fully covered in pasta sauce and water, so it cooks evenly.
- Do quick release pressure, so that pasta doesn’t get overcooked.
Now let’s talk about the ingredients…
Only 3 main ingredients for this Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs!
- Meatballs – fresh or frozen. This’s my go-to meatballs recipe. I make a big batch and freeze them for lazy days. But you can use store-bought cooked frozen meatballs too. When using frozen meatballs, you don’t need to thaw them!!!
- Your favorite pasta sauce. You can use any kind of pasta sauce here. I like mushroom and basil pasta sauce, more flavor with less effort. Since it’s the one of 3 main ingredients, it’s important to use the sauce you truly love and enjoy.
- And finally, spaghetti. Any kind you like, whole wheat, regular, gluten-free, anything. I even use penne pasta sometimes, and it works just fine, if not better!
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 lb meatballs Note 1
- 8 oz spaghetti Note 2
- 24 oz pasta sauce of your choice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Arrange meatballs in Instant Pot in one layer.
- Break spaghetti in half and arrange them over the meatballs in criss cross layers. (See image below.)
- Drizzle olive oil over spaghetti.
- Pour pasta sauce and water, making sure spaghetti is completely covered.
- Cover and set the Instant Pot to manual for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.If you tried this recipe, I’d love to read your feedback. Please leave your comment and rating below, or share on Instagram with #busycooks and tag us @busy_cooks. Thank you!!
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.