Why you’ll love this recipe:
These chicken Caesar wraps transform your favorite salad into a convenient, handheld meal. They’re the ultimate mashup!
Soft tortillas are filled with crisp lettuce, tender chicken, cheese, croutons, and two types of dressing. Savory and satisfying, these wraps are easy to make and perfect for when you’re on the go.
- Customizable – You can fill the wraps with any ingredients you like! Add to or swap out the fillings with options such as crumbled bacon or extra veggies.
- Make-ahead – Prepare these wraps up to two days in advance for a quick option you can grab as you head out the door.
- Portable – The ingredients stay inside the tortillas for a handheld meal you can bring with you anywhere you go.
I love a classic salad, but when it comes to ease and convenience, this chicken Caesar wrap recipe is truly unbeatable. It makes enough for four servings and can easily be doubled to feed the whole family!
Key Ingredient Notes:
- Chicken breasts – I make a big batch of butterflied chicken at the beginning of the week to add to salads and wraps. It’s a quick and easy timesaver when life gets busy. If you don’t want to butterfly chicken, shredded chicken works great, too.
- Salad dressing – Italian dressing is used to flavor the chicken and keep it juicy. Then, we add Caesar dressing for a classic taste.
- Lettuce – Romaine lettuce works best, but you can swap it with any greens you have on hand.
- Parmesan – Use freshly shredded or shaved Parmesan for the best results.
- Croutons – Adds amazing texture and extra savory, garlic flavor.
- Flour wraps – I like to use 10-inch tortillas, but you can use 8-inch as well. Just be sure to adjust the amount of filling so the wraps aren’t too full.
How to make this recipe:
1. Prepare the chicken
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the Italian dressing.
- Cook the marinated breasts on a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat, flipping them over halfway through.
- Set the cooked chicken aside to cool.
- Slice it into bite-sized pieces.
2. Make the salad filling
- Add the lettuce, Caesar dressing, Parmesan, croutons, black pepper, and chicken to a large bowl.
- Toss until the ingredients are well combined and everything is coated with the dressing.
3. Assemble the wraps
- Lay the wraps out flat on a clean surface.
- Divide the salad mixture evenly, placing it in the center of each wrap.
- Roll up each chicken Caesar wrap, folding in the sides as you go. This helps encase the filling so they don’t fall out as you eat!
- Allow plenty of time to marinate. The key to creating tender, mouthwatering chicken is to allow plenty of time for the meat to absorb the dressing. For the best results, let it marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Check the internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) and is safe to eat.
- Avoid overstuffing the wraps. You don’t want your filling to extend all the way to the edges of the wraps. Otherwise, they’ll break apart, and your meal will go all over the place! Instead, add just enough filling to cover the center of the wraps.
- Prepare in advance. For quick assembly, cook the chicken up to 3-4 days in advance. Then, toss the ingredients together for the salad, roll up the wraps, and enjoy!
- Make it a meal! Potato chips, pasta salad, fresh fruit, soup, french fries, or coleslaw are all great options for serving with chicken Caesar wraps.
- Store leftover chicken Caesar wraps in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- For the best results, wrap them in foil to keep them fresh.
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe!
Wrapping your chicken Caesar wraps with foil will help prevent them from becoming soggy. You can also leave out the Caesar dressing, and serve it on the side as a dip.
These wraps are best enjoyed cold as the filling will become soggy if heated.
Yes, you can substitute other types of lettuce such as iceberg or butter lettuce if you prefer.
Yes, you could add sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, or even some crispy bacon for extra flavor and crunch.
Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 2 Large bowls
- 1 cast iron grill pan or outdoor grill
- 1 meat thermometer
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 cutting board
- aluminum foil
- 2 chicken breasts butterflied
- ½ Cup Italian dressing
- 2 Cups chopped romaine lettuce Note 1
- ⅓ Cup Caesar dressing
- ½ Cup shaved Parmesan
- ½ Cup croutons
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper Note 2
- 4 (10”) flour wraps
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the Italian dressing for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your cast iron grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat.
- Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 6-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Once cooked, set them aside to cool slightly.
- When the chicken has cooled, dice into bite size pieces and prepare the wrap filling. In a large bowl, combine the chopped romaine lettuce, caesar dressing, parmesan, croutons, black pepper, and diced chicken. Toss until well combined.
- Lay out the flour wraps flat. Divide the chicken caesar salad mixture among the wraps, placing it down the center of each one.
- Roll up the wraps, folding in the sides as you go to encase the filling.
- Serve the wraps immediately, or wrap them in foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
– Store leftover wraps in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
– For the best results, store them wrapped in foil to keep them fresh.
– I do not recommend freezing this recipe! Serving Suggestions: Potato chips, pasta salad, fresh fruit, soup, french fries, or coleslaw are all great options for serving with the chicken Caesar wraps.
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.